The Board shall comprise at least 5 directors and up to 8 or 9 directors, as follows:
- A minimum of 5 and a maximum of eight elected directors; and
- An additional independent director (if appointed by the board in its discretion pursuant to clause 9(h) of the Constitution & Rules of the Society).
- At all times there shall be at least two (2) Grower member directors and two (2) Trade member directors.
The following persons shall be eligible for election as a director:
- Any Grower member or Trade member who is a natural person; or
- Any director or shareholder of a Grower member or Trade member that is a company; or
- Any partner, employee or nominated representative of a Grower member or Trade member that is a partnership or joint venture (whether incorporated or not); or
- Any member of a committee of management of a Grower member or Trade member that is a Maori incorporation; or
- Any trustee of a Grower member or Trade member that is a trust (including a Maori Trust Board); or
- Any employee of a Grower member or Trade member;
being the person nominated as the principal representative of that member in respect of dealings with the society.