Chairman’s Annual Report
Potatoes New Zealand Inc. Chair provides an Annual Report for consideration by members at the Annual General Meeting each year.
Over the course of 2013 Potatoes NZ Inc. consulted widely with industry on the development of the strategic plan which was finalised and published in August of that year.
Each area of specific activity within Potatoes NZ Inc. now has a document which outlines the specific implications of the 2013 Strategy as it applies to that area of activity.
- Promoting to the general public, the media, policy makers and Members of Parliament, the potato industry as a vital and growing sector of major social and economic significance to New Zealand.
- Actively engaging and participating in the following areas of activity, as they relate to the interests of members and the potato industry generally:
- Potato research and industry development;
- General regulatory policy and resulting compliance costs;
- Resource management and the environment, including but not limited to making appropriate submissions on local government plans in key production areas;
- Marketing the nutritional and health value of potatoes;
- Support for market activities in domestic and overseas markets;
- Education, training and leadership; and
- Border security.