This group is responsible for the following:
As informed by the 2013 Consumer Research Project:
- NZ Table Potato Quality Initiative
- Complimentary foods co-marketing initiatives
- Co-ordination of key media messages
For Potatoes NZ Inc., the CHIP Group is a key element of the Education & Marketing Group’s strategic implications. It is important that the potato industry ensures the future consumption of French fries in New Zealand, along with participating in a community programme to support the nutritional messages of the potato industry. The CHIP Group also develops ongoing relationships with government agencies and other like-minded industry organisations on health and nutrition issues.
The Chip Group is made up of a range of players in the food service industry, such as potato growers, chip manufacturers and oil suppliers, as well as health and government members such as Heart Foundation and The Ministry of Health.
For further information click here.
Potatoes NZ Inc. proudly sponsors, provides or participates in a variety of educational programmes nationwide. Education of the general public and in particular future generations is key to ensuring the ongoing consumption of potatoes in New Zealand.
- Jump to our media coverage page to see a list of recent coverage.
- Potatoes NZ Inc. have established four simple statements referred to as the Four Pillars. Each pillar can be supported by a range of proof-points. In addition we have proposed a marketing statement to support each key message which can be used in the development of any marketing collateral.