The culinary professionals’ section of Potatoes New Zealand
This area is especially for chefs, cooks, caterers, food-writers, tutors, teachers, dietitians and nutritionists.
In this section you can:
- view the latest research and industry news – e.g. The White Potato – an affordable, nutrient-dense vegetable
- be inspired with potato recipes from New Zealand’s leading chefs
- read about the industry in Chef updates
- download free educational resources from the Resource section
- read our top tips for buying and storing.
The potatoes.co.nz team
NSSCC is the country’s premier secondary schools student culinary competition. Teams of two culinary year 12/13 students go head-to-head in a live regional kitchen cook off to produce four covers of entrée and main meals in just 90 minutes.
In New Zealand there is an assurance programme known as New Zealand GAP – Good Agricultural Practice.
It provides a traceable, accountable system from crop to customer and ensures that best practices are employed in the production, packaging and distribution of vegetables.
Visit www.newzealandgap.co.nz for more information.
Delegates attending the 2013 Dietitians NZ Conference, talked potatoes on the vegetables.co.nz and potatoes.co.nz stand.
The potato QR codes took delegates through to recipes for potatoes via a smart phone app.