Education & Marketing
This group is responsible for the following:
As informed by the 2013 Consumer Research Project:
- NZ Table Potato Quality Initiative
- Co-ordination of key media messages
- Complimentary foods co-marketing initiatives
Via various channels:
- Education Programmes
- Promotions – on-line and in-store.
- Joint activities with other primary sectors
- Networking activities with Health and other associated interested parties
For Potatoes NZ Inc. the CHIP Group is a key element of the Education & Marketing Group’s strategic implications. It is important that the potato industry ensures the future consumption of French fries in New Zealand along with participating in a community programme to support the nutritional messages of the potato industry. The CHIP Group also develops ongoing relationships with government agencies and other like-minded industry organisations on health and nutrition issues.
The Chip Group is made up of a range of players in the food service industry, such as potato growers, chip manufacturers, oil suppliers, as well as health and government members such as the Heart Foundation and The Ministry of Health.
For further information click here.
- Potatoes NZ Inc. Consumer Website – all age groups
- Stand Children’s Services – primary
- Just Cook – young families
- National Secondary Schools Culinary Challenge – teenagers
- NZ Culinary Fare – young adults
- 5+ A Day – all age groups
- Garden to Table – primary
- HETTANZ (Home Economics and Technology Teachers’ Association of New Zealand Inc.) – unit standards development, Year 9 and 10
Potatoes NZ Inc. have established four simple statements referred to as the Four Pillars. Each pillar can be supported by a range of proof points. In addition we have proposed a marketing statement to support each key message which can be used in the development of any marketing collateral.
Potatoes NZ Inc. work closely with wider primary industry marketing groups whether on individual promotions or within joint education programmes. Industry partners include Beef+Lamb, NZ Pork, Poultry Association of NZ, vegetables.co.nz and 5+ A Day.
Heart Foundation – Potatoes NZ Inc. shared a stand with the Heart Foundation for 2 hours at Foodshow Auckland in 2014, and will in 2015 have 2 x 2 hour slots at all 4 Foodshow locations, both are members of CHIP Group.
Ministry of Health – also members of CHIP Group, Potatoes NZ Inc. also provide resources directly to public health professionals such as Dietitians, Nutritionists, GPs and Public Health Organisations, as well as participating in relevant conferences.