Only 2 months until Conference and there’s been so much happening. Here’s an overview of what the team at Potatoes New Zealand have been up to…
Please make sure 26-27 July is locked in your calendar for the Potatoes NZ conference, which will be held at the Pukekohe Indian Association Events Centre (57 Ward street) in Pukekohe.
- Register Now
- Check out the draft Conference Programme
- Keynote Speakers – John Sarup, Martin Snedden, Te Radar, Niki Bezzant and more…
- Find out more – view the Registration Brochure
Research & Development Update
- Research Update – FAR and Potatoes NZ, 3 years in…
- Maximising the value of soil water – Findings from a potato bed trial
- New citrus greening control method could help fight zebra chip (US research)
Chip Group Update
- On the Road promoting The Chip Group at Bidfood Trade Shows
- Over 2,500 votes received for Bidfood People’s Choice Best Chips Award – Vote Now!
- Regional Finalists to be announced mid June.
- Frozen Processed Potato Exports – April 2017
- Frozen Processed Potato Exports – March 2017
- Fresh Potato Exports – Week 21 report
- Fresh Potato Exports – Week 20 report
- Fresh Potato Exports – Week 19 report
- Fresh Potato Exports – Week 18 report
- World Potato Markets – Steady Fry Import Demand
Spud Chat – new Blog exclusive to Potatoes NZ
We are pleased to announce that renowned writer, editor, speaker, eater and Editor-at-Large for Healthy Food Guide Niki Bezzant will be writing monthly blog for Potatoes New Zealand. She will be discussing all things potatoes from nutrition to recipes to consumer trends and more…
In this month’s Is there such a thing as the perfect roast potato? Niki discusses her pursuit of the perfect roast potato, which involved trying Jamie Oliver, Nigella Lawson and Heston Blumenthal’s recipes before settling on her favourite method…
Getting Potatoes back in schools
PNZ’s strategic partnership with HETTANZ is all about getting potatoes back into schools – both in school canteens/meals and in the home economics/food technology classroom.
On Saturday 20 May HETANZ held heir AGM and Professional Learning Day at Massey University in Wellington. Potatoes New Zealand had a table at the event to showcase our resources. This generated great interest with teachers ordering these free resources for their classrooms. Read more..
Resources redeveloped for schools
We recently released 2 new resources to educate people about potato varieties (the difference between waxy vs floury vs all-purpose potatoes) and one about potato cookery terms. Find out more...
Potatoes New Zealand is delighted to announce Ag World Support Systems (AWSS) as their first international Associate Member. Warren Henninger (Founder/Chairman) approached Potatoes New Zealand about becoming a Trade Member with a view to entering the New Zealand market. Read more…
Next month we will profile our second international member Dobmac Machinery.
In the Media
- Can’t afford high-priced vegetables? Choose seasonal vegetables – One News
- Biotech Crop Areas still rising – Farmers Weekly
- 26-27 July Potatoes NZ Conference & AGM, Pukekohe