With respect to its application to growing potatoes, it helps growers to understand the properties of the soil, how the soil interacts with the growing crop, what nutrients are needed and how to apply them; the ways that potato crops grow and develop; how climate and other environmental factors affect the potato crop at all stages; and how best to control weeds, pests and diseases. In addition, it shows the growers how to grow potato crops effectively and profitably while conserving natural resources and protecting the environment.
In short, growing sustainable potato crops requires collaborations across many fields, including the traditional soil, plant, and weed sciences, as well as related disciplines such as ecology, entomology, climatology, and economics.
Potatoes NZ Agronomist’s Forums:
Launched in 2012, the annual PNZ Agronomist’s Forum facilitates continuous improvement by bringing together the industries leaders in this field to share their best practise knowledge with one another.
- Forum Report
- PNZ Inc Agronomists Forum Report 13
- Appdx-3) PNZ Inc Agronomists Forum 13 Programme
- Appdx 4) PNZ Agronomists Forum 13 On-farm Productivity
- Appdx 6) PNZ Agronomists Forum 13 Psyllid SFF Research
- Appdx 7) PNZ Agronomists Forum 13 TPP-Liberibacter
- Appdx 8) PNZ Agronomists Forum 13 RMA and GMP Programme Part 1
- Appdx 8) PNZ Agronomists Forum 13 RMA and GMP Programme Part 2
- Appdx 9) PNZ Agronomists Forum 13 Nutrient Management Courses
- Appdx 10) PNZ Agronomists Forum 13 Agrichemical Use
There are currently no blog entries.