Potatoes NZ Inc. undertakes major consumer research projects to assist all those in the industry to grow our sales. Whilst previous research had only considered consumer behaviour, more recent research takes retail sales, household expenditure and consumption data into account.
The research checks the relevance of all our strategies and helps us to identify which areas need more or less focus.
The latest consumer research project was completed in late 2013. See the presentations and related documents in the library for key insights resulting from the research.
- The need to focus growth on maintaining buyer-engagement and encourage more frequent purchase.
- Re-align pricing-relativity of larger pack sizes – as they are a likely driver of less frequent purchase as shoppers seek value
- Create better value-perception outside of pricing
- Increase appeal and relevance of fresh potatoes for category consumers
- Create more excitement through relevant occasions for young shoppers
- Bring together strong perceptions of ‘fresh’ and ‘natural’ to modernise flavour and taste