Read the latest Potato Update reports from FAR:
- Potato Update 8 – October 2016 – Evaluation of seed tuber and in-furrow fungicides on the control of soil-borne diseases in potatoes.
- Potato Update 7 – December 2015 – Development of region-specific sustainable management programmes to lower zebra chip disease in process potatoes.
- Potato Update 6 – September 2015 – Effect of irrigation rates and timings on marketable tuber yield of Russet Burbank potatoes.
- Potato Update 5 – July 2014 – Protecting beneficial insects in potato crops.
- Potato Update 4 – July 2014 – Oils and selective insecticides for tomato potato psyllid management in potato.
- Potato Update 3 – July 2014 – Non-crop host plants of tomato potato psyllid in New Zealand.
- Potato Update 2 – July 2014 – Degree Days and how to use them in tomato potato psyllid management decisions.
- Potato Update 1 – July 2014 – Monitoring for tomato potato psyllid with sticky traps: a guide for growers.
Profiting from improving table potato quality and pack-out 12 July 2017 - A recently published Ontario Produce Marketing Association research report proposes how improving table potato quality and pack-out can increase profitability. Click here to download the case study.
Busy potato research season 26 April 2017 - Update by Jen Linton, Potato Research Manager, FAR The number of trials and sites around the country has made the 2016/17 potato research season an exciting one for the research ...
Grower talk – mesh crop covers 26 April 2017 - Dr Charles Merfield from the BHU Future Farming Centre spoke at a Growers Talk in Lincoln on 14 March 2017. The topic was Mesh crop covers for non-chemical potato pest ...
Precision agriculture for potatoes 6 April 2017 - Key Points In paddock variation in yield and tuber size occur in potato crops. Yield and tuber size variation can lead to large differences in profitability within the paddock. Data ...
Evaluation of the drying & size reduction processes for the production of potato flour 1 December 2016 - The following is the a project report by Massey University Bachelor of Food Technology Honours student Yvette Coyle Read Full Report Abstract... This project involved investigating the drying of waste potatoes for the ...
Parameters for the hydrolysis and fermentation of potato waste to produce ethanol – Eileen Huiting 1 December 2016 - The following is the abstract of a report by Massey University Bachelor of Food Technology Honours student Eileen Han Huiting Read Full report ABSTRACT Many researches have been carried out to investigate ...
- [sdm_show_dl_from_category category_slug=”research-updates” fancy=”1″ orderby=”date” order=”desc”]