Dr Stephen Ogden, a Director of Market Access Solutionz, is the Secretary of the New Zealand Seed Potato Certification Authority.
The Secretary is responsible for:
- Acting as contact point for Authority correspondence as Secretary, dealing with issues arising
- Meeting management for the Authority and Technical Panels, including full meeting administration
- Implementing work programme, monitor and follow-up with meeting outcomes
- Implementing an audit process for inspection bodies, laboratories and minituber facilities
- Oversight of scheme rules and amendments, liaison with AsureQuality and SGS and contracts, issues management
- Overseeing finances and development of a new invoicing system for seed entries, preparation of accounts for Authority meetings
- Drafting content for seed email newsletter.
Dr Ogden has worked with the potato industry for many years advising on biosecurity and market access issues, as well as psyllid. He has run grower workshops, developed technical resources for growers and provided advice on the research programme. He has worked in agriculture all of his working life in the scientific, regulatory and private sectors.