By Gemma Carroll
It’s been a quieter period for the Chip Group, as Chip Fest has passed and business as usual has taken a back-seat to Biosecurity issues. Online Chip training has continued at it’s usual rate, but we have had no face-to-face, group courses, since mid-September.
In last month’s update we highlighted our reigning champion for the People’s Choice Award, Mr Chips Masterton. This month we’d like to also celebrate the achievements of the other top 14 chip shops in New Zealand. Each will receive a Top Shop certificate for their business.
If you’re travelling the country, this list could become your go-to guide for excellent takeaways.
- Pirimai Chippy, Napier, Hawkes Bay
- Oceanz Seafood Silverdale, Auckland
- Tommy Haddock’s, Napier, Hawkes Bay
- Victory Square Fish & Chips, Toi Toi, Nelson
- Chip n Dayals Fish and Chips, Ellerslie, Auckland
- Oceanz Seafood Botany, Huntington Park, Auckland
- Okato Fish and Chips, Okato, Taranaki
- Ruby Bay Kitchen, Mapua, Nelson
- Fish Stop, Glen Eden, Auckland
- Spudz Fish and Chip House, Tauriko, Tauranga
- Sheff’s Takeaways, Hamilton East, Hamilton
- Master Fish ‘n’ Chicken, Bureta, Tauranga
- Ric’s Galley Takeaways, Portobello, Dunedin
- Northcross Takeaways, Northcross, Auckland
Each shop in the People’s Choice competition had to have at least one staff member train in the Chip Group course, in order for their nomination to be accepted.
If you or a business you know are interested in improving business expenditure and product quality, with the added bonus of improving the health of New Zealanders, please go to our free training at www.thechipgroup.co.nz.
We have developed this course in partnership with the Ministry of Health. It can be taken as an online or face-to-face training. We aim to continue to improve this service, the video content and promote it to business and training institutes across the country.