Download and print your own copy of the recipe.
Scrumptious potato skins with skordalia – which is a garlic potato dip – served with healthy vege sticks.
Prep Time 20 Minutes
Cook Time 45 Minutes
6 large floury potatoes e.g Agria, Ilam Hardy (likely to be labelled as baking/roasting).
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
Zest and juice of small lemon
Salt and pepper
¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 celery stalk
1 red capsicum
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Prick potatoes with a fork, spread on baking tray and place in preheated oven. Bake for about 45 minutes until soft.
- While potatoes are baking, toast sliced almonds in a small dry skillet over medium heat,
watching carefully until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Prepare veggie sticks, by chopping carrots, celery, cucumber and red capsicum into thin
Remove potatoes from oven, slice into quarters, scoop out potato flesh and set aside.
- Place potato skins back on baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and return to the oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until crisp.
- While skins are baking, prepare skordalia dip. Place potato flesh into a food processor (if
available) or mixing bowl.
- Crush the garlic with a pinch of salt to form a paste, and add this to potato flesh along with olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper. Blitz in food processor, or mash carefully til smooth. If too thick, add 1 tablespoon of warm water, it should be the consistency of hummus.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with toasted almonds and a drizzle of olive oil.
Remove potato skins from the oven and serve with skordalia dip and veggie sticks.