Is Potatoes New Zealand Inc responsible for the quality of Potatoes and Potato Products sold in retail outlets?
You will need to check the country’s requirements for importation and what the import health requirements are. It is best to contact a Potato Exporter to help facilitate the process. Here is a list of exporters.
In order to import New Zealand potatoes, an importer must either;
- be (or become) registered with Potatoes NZ Inc. as a potato exporter;
- purchase the NZ potatoes from an exporter registered with Potatoes NZ Inc. Here is a list of exporters.
If you wish to contact our registered exporters directly please email firstname.lastname@example.org
European grade of fries are AAA, AA and A, what is the NZ grading? We have the same export grading standard as Europe. We don’t have a quality ranking.
European potato variety are Bintje, Innovator and Diamant. What is the well-known potato variety in NZ , from the highest quality to low? Innovator, Russet Burbank & Shepody
Does every producer select one type of potato variety to make special type of French fries? Yes.
- Glyphosate is often used to spray off other crops eg pasture prior to ground preparation before potato production
- Glyphosate is not used directly on potatoes as it causes significant yield and quality losses
- Spray off of crops to control tuber size is primarily done using diquat
- Potatoes NZ growers follow strict and food safe residue limits which can be found on this website here.