On Monday 25th August 2014 Capitol restaurant in Wellington held a brilliant evening event. A five course degustation event highlighting the wonderful attributes of the humble potato… with every course!
Each course was matched with a regional beverage and diners were treated to potatoes standing alone, paired with truffles and even in a dessert.
The menu consisted of:
- House Crisps
- Brandade & Potato Bread
- Vichyssoise, Black & Red Caviars
- Hot Agria & Mushroom Soup
- Vodka cured salmon, baked potato chive & sour cream panna cotta
- Hot buttered nadine gnocchi Canterbury winter truffles
- Roast vension fillet, duck fat confit pint firs, pickled urenikas
- Orange & Ginger Soufflee sweet potato sorbet
All agreed it was a great event and showed a unique take on the versatility of potatoes.
Vodka cured salmon, baked potato chive & sour cream panna cotta
Hot buttered nadine gnocchi Canterbury winter truffles
Brandade & Potato Bread