Spring is almost upon us, so the calendar is getting full. Members are strongly encouraged to attend the free Health & Safety workshops, specifically designed for the NZ potato industry, in Pukekohe (4 Sept), Opiki (6 Sept) and Ohakune (7 Sept). And …Seed potato growers should plan to attend the Seed Growers meeting in Ashburton on September 14. Read on for R&D, Biosecurity & regulation, Health & Safety, Market Development, Education & Marketing reports and much more..
Research & Development
- Potato Update 9 – Year 3 report evaluation of seed tuber and in-furrow fungicides
Biosecurity & Regulation Updates
- Nutrient management in Canterbury
- Exporters – new 2017-18 PCN OAP registration forms
Health & Safety
- Health & Safety workshops on now. Free to members. These workshops are free and are specifically designed for New Zealand potato growers. More info and booking details.
– Pukekohe Monday 4 September
– Opiki Wednesday 6 September
– Ohakune Thursday 7 September
- Seed potato growers are invited to a meeting to discuss proposed changes to the Seed Potato Certification rules. More information…
- Getting potatoes back into the classroom – Sarah Wirth, HETTANZ
- Philippines fastest growing fry market – World Potato Markets article.
Export Stats Reports
- Fresh potato export report week 34, 2017
- Fresh potato export report week 33, 2017
- Fresh potato export report week 32, 2017
- Fresh potato export report week 31, 2017
- Processed potato export summary – July 2017 report not yet received
Education & Communications
- Bluebird and Heartland Chips win inaugural Best Crisp Competition awards.
- Crunching towards victory – best crisp competition – read Niki Bezzant’s latest blog.
- Check out Niki Bezzant’s other Potato Chat blogs.
- Potatoes NZ is now on Instagram – follow Potatoes_NZ.
Chip Group Update
- Best Chip Shop Competition winner interview by Stuff.co.nz – read article.
In the Media
- TPP problem solved – Rural News
- We need to tuck into more food stories – NZ Herald
- Potatoes to star in Secondary School Culinary Challenge – Scoop News
- Botanist shows how to turn humble potato into superfood – One News
- How to make Gnocchi from scratch – Southland Times
- Hasselback Potatoes – Otago Daily Times
Follow us on Social Media
- Now on Instagram – potatoes_nz
- Facebook – Potatoes NZ
- Facebook – Chip Group
- Twitter – Potatoes NZ
- Twitter – Chris Claridge